Friday, November 6, 2009

Random Color Experiments

I favor black and white, but when  I am in a color photo mood its either a lot of color, or nothing at all!

My Mentor slash kinda crazy uncle that isn't really my uncle says that I am an "emotional artist" meaning that if I'm not in the mood to do what I am doing, then it either turns out badly, or even if it turns out well, I tend to not like it. this is probably the most accurate description of me anyone has ever given.- well at least as far as photography goes.


When experimenting with color, I have found that I enjoy the backwards way of going about it. Im never really satisfied with a conventional feeding of the need.



I fancy myself a paint slinger, not a painter...but definitely a slinger. So I thought...why not mix the two? Yes of course, this has been done before by a thousand people..but this one is mine. and I really like it.




This is probably one of my year to date prized photos. Its simple, there is nothing out of the ordinary about this image but somehow or another it  still sets it self apart from some of my other work in my mind and as you can see it is colorful.




Random "snap shot" taken at an event in Charlotte NC. I fell in love with the blue lights.




this is one of my friends children and from the moment he grabbed the yellow block...I knew I was going to make something cool out of it. Its a bit dark, and not exactly your hallmark children photograph but he is not your hallmark kid either. Hes wonky, he does his own thing.  this is an old one, he is two and some months now...very different looking, still wonky!





my first complaint about this photo would normally be the lattice blaring threw in the background. But I think this image needed something that screamed "this wasn't taken in a studio" because aside from the lattice..it looks very studio-esk.







thats all for now....I will share some more later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment